Gayatri Mantra is part of Hindu Vedic Culture since ancient times and beyond that.
Gayatri Mantra is verse from Rig Veda which is one of the ancient text collection of Sanskrit Hymns.
The Gayatri mantra is repeated and cited very widely in Vedic literature. Recitation of the Gayatri mantra is preceded by ॐ (Om). It is said that this Mantra spirals through the entire universe from the heart of the chanter, appealing for peace and divine wisdom for all.
The Gayatri Mantra inspires wisdom in us. The modern literal translation of Gayatri Mantra is followed as “May we attain that excellent glory of Surya the god:
So may he stimulate our prayers.” or much detailed explanation of Mantra as “Let us adore the supremacy of that divine sun, the god-head who illuminates all, who recreates all, from whom all proceed, to whom all must return, whom we invoke to direct our understandings aright in our progress toward his holy seat.”
Gayatri Mantra has more benefits and secrets and it is wide spread fact that chanting Gayatri Mantra can help with more than one thing.
- It Calms Mind and Soul: Any Mantra recited and chanted in peaceful Environment is tend to leave chanter with relaxed mind. Gayatri Mantra serves this purpose the best, The Mantra starts with Om, this word itself has power enough to send vibrations through Chanter’s lips, tongue, palate, back of your throat and skull, which is said to be extremely calming to the mind and helps in the release of relaxing hormones. Chanting Verse of Gayatri Mantra also helps in concentrating.
- It Increases Learning and Concentration Power: This is no Brainer. It is very much obvious that reciting anything again and again does help with Concentration and learning power but This Mantra does much wonders here. Chanting Gayatri Mantra daily helps relaxing the chanter’s mind and soul and thus making his mind more open and concentrated towards one thing. It helps clearing out outwardly thoughts and focusing abilities.
- Improves Breathing: While chanting the mantra the chanter is required to take deep controlled breaths that when done regularly, helps improve lung function and therefore breathing. Also the mantra helps oxygenate the entire body leading to a healthy body and life for a Chanter.
- Various Health Benefits: This one requires whole guide to be written on it. Gayatri Mantra literally helps with so many health related issues that it should be included in every individual’s routine for a healthy life. To list out few Health benefits
- Improves the Immune System
- Helps Heart to stay Healthy
- Strengthens and stimulates the functioning of Nerves
- Helps coping with Stress
- Keeps mind Strong and Healthy
- Depression no longer remains threat to Chanter
- Helps with disease like Asthma
- Makes skin loo younger and glowing
- Best Anger Management Technique
- Better Blood Circulation
- Opens door to Spiritual Awakening: Gayatri Mantra is linked with Beginning of A Spiritual Journey of a Human Being and it is most likely to be true. This Mantra is more of a Spiritual worship than religious. The Mantra helps one with self healing and relating to his/her soul. Talking from personal experience Gayatri Mantra helps with riddance of bodily worries and let one connects with inner soul and peace.